Shirt dress M6891

I always wanted to recreate this vintage shirtdress that I thrifted years ago and it had been on my wish-list for so long.
I have several shirtdress pattern on my collection, but I think this pattern with the collar, match with the dress perfectly. I made the C look with short sleeve.
Since it's my first time making McCall's pattern, I was quite nervous since I didn't planned to make a muslin and it's the only fabric that I had more than 3 metres in my stash right then. It took around 4 days to finished it, starting from the tracing process, cutting and sewing.

By the time to install the buttons, I was exhausted with the project and I'm trying to avoid them by making lots of excuses, but all I want is to finish them before Christmas. So I came up with an idea to use snap buttons instead, with the help of my husband we finished it right before we went back home for Christmas.
The collar is quite tricky to make, but the instructions made it easier to follow. I did end up shorten the skirt a few more inches and installed extra smaller snap buttons on the bust and waist.
I like it that it have pockets on both side. I'm still thinking about making a matching sash for it.

Sewing Summary :
Pattern: McCalls M6891
Fabric: From my fabric stash, plain koshibo.
Notions: Thread, snap buttons, interfacing.
Alterations: Shorten the skirt.
Difficulty: Easy, the instruction is easy to follow too.
Make another one:  Yes.
Notes: Pay attention on the collar part.


Popular Posts